8 Gardening tips to boost kerb appeal
FOR homeowners keen to make an instant impact, a housebuilder has put together eight top tips to create and maintain an eye-catching garden.
Elan Homes, the developer behind the Derrington Mews venture on Main Road, Kempsey, near Worcester, has teamed up with the experts at Earls Croome Garden Centre to give homeowners some easy tricks to make the best of their outdoor space.
Buyers who reserve at the development throughout August and September will receive £500 worth of gift vouchers to spend at the garden centre upon completion, so they can even put some of the advice into practice.
The following tips are courtesy of Karen Line, owner of Earls Croome Garden Centre:
1. For instant kerb appeal place a pair of colourful planters either side of the front door.
2. Every month buy a perennial plant that is in flower, plant and then next year you’ll have colour all year round.
3. Place plants in groups of 3’s or 5’s to create more impact.
4. Opt for plant varieties that have fantastic leaf structures like heart-shaped hostas or coleus.
5. Creating a small vegetable garden or planting herbs in a pot can add extra interest to your garden, plus it’s it is satisfying to eat your own produce
6. Don’t rely on the rain to sufficiently water your plants – keep the watering can handy.
7. Work on the garden before the decorating so you have somewhere lovely to put your feet up
8. Remember most gardeners are making it up as they go along and there are no rules – plants are like us they need water and feeding and an occasional haircut.
Located just four miles from the historic city of Worcester, Derrington Mews boasts a family friendly village location surrounded by open countryside and is proving popular with local buyers.
Andrea Nippe, sales director for Elan Homes in the South, said “It’s not just your home that’s a blank canvass when you move in but your garden is too. It’s great to be able to add instant outdoor kerb appeal so we’re delighted to team up with Earls Croome to be able to offer homeowners a few tips and £500 to get started once they move in.”
Earls Croome Garden Centre, located on the A38 between Severn Stoke and Upton upon Severn, is a small family run business. In addition to their renowned geraniums and hanging baskets they are growing a wider range of plants and continue to supply homeowners and garden enthusiasts with the chemicals, compost and equipment they need. Furniture, garden structures, plant support and ornaments are also available as well as a selection of gifts and cards. A country store serves equestrian, smallholders and pet lovers, and the aquatic department stocks cold water fish and chemicals.
The £500 voucher offer is available to anyone who reserves an Elan home at Derrington Mews before the end of September, 2015. Vouchers will be presented upon legal completion.
The sales office and show home at Derrington Mews is open Thursday to Monday from 10am to 5pm. For more information call 01905 821066