A LEADING DEVELOPER has identified 10 reasons why buyers want to call Castle Cary home.
Elan Homes say rolling countryside surrounding the market town and a host of attractions which appeal to visitors, encourages them to make a permanent move to the area.
The developer, which builds quality homes in the UK’s favourite locations, has compiled the top 10 reasons why their buyers move to the Somerset town:
- Castle Cary residents are friendly and cheerful, offering a warm welcome and a cheery hello to visitors, making perfect new neighbours.
- A picturesque town centre with stone and stucco cottages surrounds the historic heart of the town, The Market House, a grade II listed building.
- Lodge Hill, where the ‘Castle’ used to stand, offers a stunning vantage point to view the picturesque views.
- Visitors can sightsee and shop without fear of fines, with free parking available whilst they explore the town.
- Castle Cary is a fair trade town recognising price, labour and environmental, ethical and sustainability choices, improving the livelihoods of farmers and workers.
- The town is surrounded by rolling countryside, including the picturesque Somerset Levels, the Mendip Hills and the Blackmore Vale.
- Walking, cycling and running routes are in abundance nearby with opportunities to improve physical and mental wellbeing.
- Castle Cary is the main attraction for a large area of South Somerset, with a wide range of retail services on offer, including independent shops and art galleries, in addition to an appealing historical market.
- The area offers a wide range of homes, with easy access for commuters – there is excellent rail links to London Paddington.
- Families are drawn to Castle Cary thanks to a choice of primary and secondary and independent schools in the area.
- Castle Cary’s Fairfield Community Project offers 4.5 acres of public open space and includes pathways, a pump park and a meadow gym.
- There is a wealth of leisure opportunities in the area from golf to yoga, in addition to the surrounding countryside, with historic villages on its doorstep.
To discover more about what makes Castle Cary a great place to live, visit
https://www.elan-homes.co.uk/developments/weavers-field/ to see the new homes being created in the town by Elan Homes.