A LEADING DEVELOPER has identified 10 reasons why buyers want to call Worcester home.
Ranked as one of the happiest places in the UK to live, the city has a host of attractions which appeal to visitors, encouraging them to make a permanent move to the area.
Elan Homes, who build quality homes in the UK’s favourite locations, has compiled the top 10 reasons people want to move to Worcester:
- Local people are some of the happiest, with friendly neighbours providing a warm welcome – key features include feeling safe and great recreational facilities which provide a mood-boosting smile.
- Architecture – from contemporary homes to ancient landmarks and medieval architecture – Worcester offers everything from the Cathedral to the Hive, with a great mix of old and new.
- Living by water is a real draw for visitors – Britain’s longest river, The River Severn, offers walks along its banks, boating trips and some great waterside pubs and restaurants. Living near water provides health benefits including helping to reduce stress.
- Worcester offers a low cost of living and great value housing, making it a great place to live and work. The area’s excellent transport network, makes it popular with commuters too with road, rail and air connections close by.
- There is strong economic growth in Worcester in addition to a diverse range of jobs on offer, from manufacturing, retail, education and the service industries.
- It’s no wonder local people are happy, the leisure opportunities in the area are in abundance, from festivals to fishing and golf to gardening, Worcester offers it all.
- Worcester gets top marks for schools with primary, secondary, grammar and independent ranking highly in academic league tables.
- Famous for everything from the cricket to the composer Elgar, Lea and Perrins to Porcelain, there’s a genuine feel good factor and locals are proud of its origins.
- Retail therapy – Worcester caters for all tastes, from chains to independents, The Crowngate Centre and thriving local markets – spenders or window shoppers have plenty of choice.
- Worcester offers great opportunities to explore, with culture, heritage and nature on its doorstep, historic villages, waterways and valleys attract millions of visitors every year.
To discover more about what makes Worcester a great place to live, visit
https://www.elan-homes.co.uk/developments/stableford/ to see the new homes being created in Worcester by Elan Homes.