What is Help to Buy?
Help to Buy is a Government-backed scheme for first time buyers or existing home owners looking to move into a brand new home and is available on Elan Homes developments in both England and Wales. Help to Buy is available on new homes priced up to £600,000 in England; while Help to Buy - Wales can be used on home purchases up to a maximum value of £300,000.
How does it work?
The Government, or Welsh Government if using Help to Buy – Wales, will lend you up to 20% of the value of your new home through an equity loan that’s interest free for five years.
Under both versions of the scheme, the equity loan can be repaid at any time or on the sale of the property and is interest free for the first five years. From year six, a fee of 1.75% is payable on the equity loan, which rises annually by the Retail Price Index plus 1%.
• You'll need to find a mortgage for the remaining 75% from a bank or building society
• You'll only need a minimum deposit of 5%
Speak to one of our friendly Sales Executives on your chosen development for full details.
From April 2021 the Help to Buy scheme criteria is changing, it will only be eligible for first time buyers and will include new regional price caps, as can be seen below. The way the scheme works, as mentioned above, will not change however.
Regional Price Caps
Region Price cap for properties eligible for Help to Buy from April 2021 to March 2023
North West £224,400
West Midlands £255,600
South West £349,000
What does this mean for you as potential purchasers ?
Well, to be able to purchase a home under the current Help to Buy scheme, the home must be build complete by 31st December 2020 and you will need to move into it by 31st March 2021. Any purchasers after this date will fall under the new scheme and will only be available to first time buyers.
Please speak to one of our sales executives who will let you know what homes will fall under the current scheme and what will be available under the new scheme.FIND YOUR ELAN HOME
Whatever the market conditions, selling your current home can be a real hassle. But with Elan Homes it doesn’t have to be, because we could buy it from you.
Benefits of Part Exchange
It's that simple!
*Terms & conditions apply - development / plot specific, please speak to one of our friendly Sales Executives on your chosen development for full details.FIND YOUR ELAN HOME
Our EasyMove scheme could help you move into a brand new Elan Home whilst saving money on your estate agent fees.
EasyMove in 4 easy steps
Benefits of EasyMove
Speak to one of our friendly Sales Executives on your chosen development for full details.FIND YOUR ELAN HOME
Moving House can be a busy and stressful time, download our handy moving home checklist to minimise the stress of moving and ensure nothing is missed so you can enjoy life in your brand new Elan Home.MOVING HOME CHECKLIST
Our Charter sets out our commitment to you so you can have complete confidence in purchasing an Elan Home.
1. We will provide you with detailed information about the home you have chosen and all necessary contractual information so you can make an informed purchasing decision. Including details about any management service, an estimate of the costs and how to cancel a reservation should you no longer wish to buy
2. We will tell you how we protect your deposit and how we deal with any other pre-payments you make
3. We will assist you in respect of questions, choices and options throughout the purchase of your new home and provide confirmation of specification and layout
4. We will advise you about the necessary health and safety precautions when visiting our developments
5. We will give you regular and realistic information about the timing of the construction and anticipated completion of your new home
6. We will provide you with an information pack about your new home and the opportunity for a comprehensive customer demonstration to display and explain all of the functions and features
7. We will ensure you are aware of the benefits of your initial developers warranty, manufacturer’s warranties and the industry regulated NHBC Buildmark cover
8. We will provide you with customer service via our Customer Care Team, their contact details and our out of hour’s emergency helpline, to ensure that you have support 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
9. We will listen to you in order to improve and maintain the quality of our customer service and remain professional, efficient and helpful at all times
10. We will provide you with a copy of our Complaints Handling Policy, which will provide you with details of who to contact, should we fail to meet expectations as set out in this Charter
With our Early Bird scheme you can reserve your dream home before it's released for sale. (Selected plots only)
You'll need to pay a fee of £250 up front and once the plot is released you'll get first refusal ahead of everyone else.
Customers will need to be in a proceedable position before being able to Early Bird their chosen Elan Home. Please speak to one of our friendly Sales Executives on your chosen development for full details.FIND YOUR ELAN HOME
Do you know a family member, friend or even a colleague who may be looking for a stunning new home in your area?
If you recommend someone to buy one of our selected homes, you will receive £500 when they buy. What's more your friend will get £250 off their new home.
All you need to do is request a Recommend a Friend voucher from your Sales Executive, fill it out and give to your friend to present to their Sales Executive on their first visit to the marketing suite.DOWNLOAD VOUCHER
The Consumer Code makes sure all customers are treated fairly and are given reliable information upon which to make their decisions. For all details regarding the Consumer Code please see the link belowFIND OUT MORE
4/5 & 5 bedroom homes
Culcheth Green, 365 Warrington Road, Warrington, Cheshire WA3 5JQ
Derwent Avenue, Chorlton, Manchester, Greater Manchester M21 7QP
Wilmslow Road, Handforth, Cheshire East SK9 3JX
Bury New Road, Ramsbottom, Bury, Greater Manchester BL0 0DB
3 & 4 bedroom homes
Kinnerton Lane, Higher Kinnerton, Flintshire CH4 9BE
Boothroyden Road, Middleton, Manchester, Rochdale M24 4RY
Elmswood Road, Liverpool, Merseyside L18 8DQ
3, 4 & 5 bed homes
Newton Road, Lowton, Greater Manchester WA3 1LB
Exclusive Homes In Liverpool
Lenton Avenue, Formby, Liverpool, Merseyside L37 1XY
2, 3 & 4 bedroom homes
Station Road, South Molton, Devon EX36 3DN