COASTAL towns like Formby thrive in the summer when there’s an influx of visitors; but, instead of a short visit, is it time you made a permanent move to the area?
Here are just 10 reasons to move to Formby.
- Formby Beach is a stunning coastal gem with tides often revealing prehistoric mud layers with the chance to see some human and animal footprints. House prices in seaside towns have increased by 29% in the last decade, buy now and you could see the value of your property increase over time.
- Red squirrel spotting. Formby and the Sefton Coast is one of the few places in England where red squirrels have survived.
- Famous faces. Victoria Road in Formby is a favourite address of footballs’ elite, with players and managers from both Liverpool and Everton, having lived there in recent years.
- The so-called ‘Waitrose effect’. Living near a supermarket is said to add a premium to property prices and Formby residents have plenty to choose from including upmarket chain Waitrose plus M&S Simply Food, earning the area a place in the Lloyds Bank top 10 supermarket locations with largest house price premium in 2018.
- Love Liverpool. Trains from Freshfield run every 15 minutes with journey times of under an hour to the city centre. It’s great for commuters, shoppers, culture vultures and those who want to enjoy Liverpool’s famous nightlife.
- Swing into action. Local golf clubs, include Formby and Royal Birkdale, with the latter on the rotation for the Open Championship.
- Homes for nature. The landscape of sandy stretches of beach, the dunes and woodland provide a habitat for wildlife including barn owls and tawny owls, rabbits, stoats and weasels, plus the rare natterjack toad lives on the edge of the dune system.
- Stunning views. From the highest points of the dunes, you can see Snowdonia, Anglesey, the wind turbines of the Liverpool Bay, Blackpool Tower and, on a clear day, Black Coombe in the Lake District.
- While Formby is home to some of Merseyside’s most expensive properties, prices at The Dunes start from £349,995 for a three-bedroom detached Fenwick style home. Help to Buy equity loans are available to make homeownership easier to afford, plus Elan Homes is offering a range of incentives including Stamp Duty paid on selected properties.
- As part of Elan’s commitment to ensuring its developments are sustainable, the company is providing 11 affordable homes, available via a registered provider. Existing trees will be retained on site and there will be a small landscaped area as part of the development. Elan will contribute £68,850 towards green space and invest £75,000 in playing pitches for the benefit of the wider community. A footpath linking the development to Victoria Road is also being created.
To discover more about what makes Formby a great place to live, visit the show home at The Dunes, off Lenton Avenue, open Thursday to Monday. For the latest availability call 01704779364 or see www.elan-homes/co.uk/the-dunes.