LOCATION is perhaps THE most important factor buyers consider when choosing where to live and the Flintshire village of Higher Kinnerton, near Chester, has plenty to offer.
Here are just 10 reasons why Higher Kinnerton is a great place to live.
1. There are plenty of opportunities to explore the great outdoors close to home, whether it’s coastal resorts or rolling countryside.
2. You can be in Snowdonia or the heart of Manchester within an hour – who says you have to choose between country and city life?
3. There’s an active community including groups for all ages from baby and toddlers, Scouts, WI, sports clubs.
4. Local people take pride in the area with volunteer group Keeping Kinnerton Tidy maintaining features such planters, willow arch and Bennet’s Lane Corner planting and improving the neighbourhood. Elan Homes has helped provide high-vis vests for volunteers.
5. The local community comes together each year to celebrate Village Day. This year’s event is on June 22 and includes a scarecrow competition from June 14 to July 20.
6. Want to stay fit and active but don’t want to pay expensive gym membership fees? There’s an outdoor gym at the recreation ground on Main Road.
7. The Welsh market towns of Wrexham and Mold are only six miles away with historic Chester just a fifteen minute drive or bus ride from the village centre.
8. Mold ranks as one of the best market towns to live and work in, according to Royal Mail. The findings are based on average earnings, house prices, access to services, crime figures, skill level of the local population and unemployment figures.
9. Homes in Higher Kinnerton are competitively priced compared with nearby Chester. Figures from home.co.uk suggest the average asking price for a detached home in Chester is £421,396. At Kinnerton Meadows, Elan Homes has four-bedroom detached homes available from £334,995.
10. Elan is investing in the local community, contributing almost £185,000 for the remodelling of music teaching facilities at Castell Alun High School, plus almost £135,000 for improvements to teaching accommodation at Higher Kinnerton CP School. The company will also pay £40,000 towards improvements to neighbourhood play facilities on Park Avenue and create new pathways will be created to link the new homes with the amenities in the village.
To discover more about what makes Higher Kinnerton a great place to live, visit Kinnerton Meadows, open Thursday to Monday from 10am to 5pm or visit Kinnerton Meadows development.
Mucklestone Road, Loggerheads, Staffordshire TF9 4DX
4/5 & 5 bedroom homes
Culcheth Green, 365 Warrington Road, Warrington, Cheshire WA3 5JQ
Derwent Avenue, Chorlton, Manchester, Greater Manchester M21 7QP
Wilmslow Road, Handforth, Cheshire East SK9 3JX
Shipper Bottom Lane, Ramsbottom, Bury, Greater Manchester BL0 0DB
3 & 4 bedroom homes
Kinnerton Lane, Higher Kinnerton, Flintshire CH4 9BE
Boothroyden Road, Middleton, Manchester, Rochdale M24 4RY
Elmswood Road, Liverpool, Merseyside L18 8DQ
Mark Lane, East Markham, Newark, Nottinghamshire NG22 0RA
Off Pesters Lane, Somerton, Somerset TA11 7AA
St Thomas Priory, Baswich
The Priory, Stafford, Staffordshire ST18 0ZH
Exclusive Homes In Liverpool
Lenton Avenue, Formby, Liverpool, Merseyside L37 1XY
2, 3 & 4 bedroom homes
Station Road, South Molton, Devon EX36 3DN